Redoing Your Floors? Consider Wood or Tile to Bring Out the Best in Your Home

A commercial contractor wearing a white hat looks at a house with blueprints under his arm

If you’re thinking about redoing your floors, you have several options. Carpeting accounts for about 51% of flooring sold in the United States, with other materials such as wood and tile making up the other 49%. Catalina Research reports that sales of hardwood flooring increased by 2% in 2017, with a total of $3.49 billion in revenue. If you’ve always had carpeting and are thinking about a change, consider wood or tile flooring for your home. Flooring offers a finished feel and adds to the style and value of your home in a relatively small number of work hours. A commercial contractor can help you select the right kind of flooring for your home.

Hardwood Flooring

Hardwood flooring gives a classic, time-honored feel to any space. Cleaning it is a simple process, and scuffs can easily be repaired by sanding and refinishing. Hardwood floors provide better acoustics, and as a sought-after feature, they add value to your home. You can choose from a wide array of wood types and colors to match your personal preferences.

Ceramic Tile

Ceramic tile can be part of a bathroom or kitchen remodel since it can’t be damaged or stained by water. You can choose from a nearly endless selection of colors and shapes and have them arranged by your contractor in a pattern that suits your decor. Clean them quickly and easily with a mop. Ceramic tile is a greener option since it is the only type of flooring that doesn’t emit harmful compounds into the air.

Porcelain Tile

Porcelain tile is durable and stands up to stains and damage. It’s a good choice for a bathroom remodel since it holds up under high humidity. It is simple to clean, and the many available shapes, colors, and patterns let you express your creative side.

Laminate Wood Flooring

Laminate offers the beauty of hardwood flooring but is less expensive and more resistant to wear and tear. Installation is simple since it doesn’t involve nails or glue; the pieces click into place. Like all of the flooring options discussed above, laminate flooring is easy to keep clean.

Interested in redoing your floors? Contact a commercial contractor specializing in flooring to discuss options for your home, contact DeWald L.L.C.